Additional Product Information
- Laws and regulations for breakaway systems have been adopted by most states and provinces for increased road safety.
- Meets or exceeds breakaway regulatory requirements in the United States and Canada.
- Installs easily in an hour or less or, if you prefer, have it installed by your local mechanic or RV dealer.
* The Classic™ Break-Away System is included when you purchase a BrakeBuddy® Classic™ unit.
How it works
1. Mount the junction box at the front of your towed vehicle.
2. Install the wiring harness from the Breakaway, through the firewall,to the junction box.
3. Attach the steel cable from your motor home to the junction box receptacle.
4. In the event your towed vehicle ever detaches from the motorhome, the steel cable pulls the receptacle out of the junction box. This activates the BrakeBuddy which stops the towed vehicle. The BrakeBuddy will continue to apply the brakes until the receptacle is reconnected to the junction box.