Dicor Butyl Tape is ideal for sealing uniquely shaped joints. Installs quickly, with no gaps.
- Apply along unusual patterns.
- Sealant is on a continuous roll
- Can work fast and be visually assured that there are no skips or runs in the sealant.
- Surfaces must be clean and free of moisture and contamination.
- Clean, remove dust, dirt, moisture oil and grease. Cut to desired length then peel off the release liner. Do not stretch this product. Apply to seam, joint, opening, skylight frame, etc. Install or assemble as required. Use Mineral Spirits to clean up this product.
- Do not apply this product in weather-exposed areas, where temperatures will exceed 190°F.
- Do not stretch this product during application.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not use where acidic or alkaline chemicals are present.
- Appearance: Grey, extruded butyl sealant tape.
- Temperatures: Application: 30°F – 110° F.
- Operating limits: -20°F – 275° F.
- Low Temperature Flexibility: No cracking, no adhesion loss at -20°F.
- Tensil Strength: 25psi (ASTM D987-72) with 200 ‰ elongation (HTM 15.0).
- Needle Penetration: 80 – 105 (ASTM D 217) (100GM WT @ 77° F).
- Release Liner: Clearly released with no transfer of product compound (ASTM C879).
- Water Resistance: Sealant maintains adhesion to galvanized metal after being submerged for 30 days at 120° F (HTM 9.0).
- Chemical Resistance: Excellent to water, vapor and alcohol.
- Weaken to acids and bases. Avoid use with organic solvents.
- Corrosivity: No staining, etching or other signs of corrosion on galvanized or coated metals (ASTM D3310).
- Flammability: Nonflammable.
- Shelf Life:18 months – 2 years.
- Storage Temperature: 30° F – 110·° F.
- Pressure Class: SMACNA 1/2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 10 in w.g.
- Specifications: Military MIL-C-18969B, Type II, Class B. Federal TT-C789A, Type II, Class B.
- Tape measures 1/8" thick by 3/4" wide and 30 ft in length.