The EMS-HW50C 50 Amp Hardwired RV Surge Protector by Progressive Industries is a high-tech energy management system featuring a remote display. Includes EMS hardwired surge protector, remote display, connecting cable & instructions. Unit features the following capabilities:
- High low voltage protection: Whenever power falls below 104 Volts, or rise above 132 volts the EMS automatically shut down power to the RV. Once the AC source rises above 104-volts, or below the 132-volt level the time delay indicator flashes for the preset time and then automatically restores power to RV.
- Time delay for Air Conditioning Compressor: Whenever power is interrupted to the EMS or a fault shuts the protector down the built in time delay is activated. There are two settings on the EMS; one is 136 seconds for AC units with out a built in time delay, and the other is 15 seconds for those with the delay built in.
- 5 Mode surge protection: This feature provides full surge protection with a 3640 Joule rating and a response time of less than 1 nano second.
- Surge Indicator: If ever a power surge damages the surge protector circuit, the digital remote display will read E-10 and the surge circuit needs to be replaced.
- Reverse polarity protection: The EMS-HW50C will not allow power to the RV under this condition and the error code will read E1.
- Open neutral protection: The display will not light, and will not allow power to the RV.
- Open ground protection: The surge protector will read an error code of E2 and will not allow power to the RV.
- AC Frequency Protection: If the power frequency deviants +/- 9 hertz from 60 cycles per second the EMS will shut down source power, and indicate an E7 or E8 error code.
- Accidental 220V protection: If this is detected when plugging in, power will not be allowed into the RV. If this occurs while power is applied to the RV, the unit instantly shuts down.
- Integrated Digital Display: Will continuously scroll through voltage, current, frequency, error code information every 2 seconds.
- Previous error code: This feature indicates why the EMS previously interrupted power to the RV.
- Manual bypass: Bypasses the computer circuit in the event of computer failure and allows power into the RV. Surge protection will still work in this mode.
- Modular design: Replacement parts are designed for simple plug and play, making repairs extremely user friendly.
- Microprocessor controlled: The rv surge protector is driven by a microprocessor that is programmed with software to drive the unit. If software is updated, owners can receive a free upgraded processor with the return of the old.
- Backed by a lifetime manufacturer warranty.
- Dimensions: 5" W x 9 1/2" L x 4 1/2" H
Progressive Industries Hardwire Surge Protector 50 Amp