The SMI 99202 Air Force One Tow Vehicle Braking System is the only RV brake system that uses your diesel pusher motorhome's air brakes to energize the towed vehicle's power brakes. The system does not require a vacuum pump nor is there any drain on your towed vehicles battery. The Air Force One braking system has no moving parts to wear out and features a breakaway system that seals the coach's air supply in the event of separation. Other great features include;
System includes: operating unit, coach air connection assembly, break-away system, actuating cylinder, complete hardware kit, airlines & instructions in print & DVD.
- An out of site installation with most of the Air Force One System located under the hood
- 100% proportional braking between the car in tow and the motorhome
- Fits all towed vehicles including the newest "live" pedal cars
- Uses an approved air tap method so you will not affect the warranty on your motorhomes air brakes
- Once installed, the system is always ready for towing.
- Air Force One is the safest air brake system available.
- Easy to view Coach Notification, letting you know when the system is operating.
Since the Air Force One Brake System uses the coach's air to create vacuum for the towed vehicle's power-brakes, it does not need an electric pump. In fact, the Air Force One operating unit has no moving parts at all. The only moving part is the brake actuator which mounts on the brake arm and firewall, out of the way and out of site. A concern users may have with the Air Force One is the connection to the motorhomes air brake system. But SMI eliminates any fears with a device they call Total Coach Protection. With this safety device installed the coach's air supply is sealed off to allow the coach to stop normally in the case of a break-away or airline failure in the system. Air Force One is a revolutionary braking system that will apply proportional braking effort in your towed vehicle. An easy installation combined with vacuum-assisted power brakes and truly proportionate braking effort makes the Air Force One Braking System a leader in towed vehicle brake systems.
SMI Air Force One Braking System