The Zamp Solar ZS-15AW 5 Stage 15 Amp PWM Solar Charge Controller has a large digital display showing volts, amps and amp over a period of time while LED lights show charging status and battery condition. The 6 LED lights indicate charging status and battery condition, the display indicates voltage, charging current, charging capacity (amp hours), battery types, full charge and any faulty codes.
- For Gel, AGM, conventional lead acid (WET) and calcium batteries
- Advanced MCU control pulse width modulation (PWM) technology to ensure best battery life and high efficiency
- Build in regulator to prevent batteries from overcharging and undercharging
- Floating feature to keep the batteries as topped off as possible
- This process reduces water loss and prevents the batteries from drying out
- Protects batteries from discharge at night preventing current flowing back from the batteries into the panel
- Port for external battery temperature sensor (sold separately)
- Multi-charging protections against reverse polarity, short circuit, over temperature or over voltage
Surface or flush panel mounting options
- 5 stages of charging.
- Level 1 – Soft charge – when batteries suffer an over-discharge, the controller will softly ramp the battery voltage up to 10V
- Level 2 – Bulk charge – maximum current until batteries rise to Absorption Level.
- Level 3 – Absorption charge – constant voltage charging (battery is over 85%)
- Level 4 – Equalization charge – only for WET battery or Calcium battery type. When the battery is deeply drained below 10V, it will automatically run this stage to bring the internal cells to equal states and fully complement the loss of capacity. (Gell and AGM batteries do not run Equalization Charge).
- Level 5 – Float charge –battery is fully charged and maintained at a safe level.
- Limited 1-year manufacturer warranty
Zamp 15 Amp PWM Solar Charge Controller