The Blue Ox BX88197 Coiled Safety Cables are used to prevent the towed vehicle from breaking loose in the event of a tow bar failure or disconnect. These cables are 7 feet long and have a weight capacity of 10,000 lbs.
- The cable gets hooked between the towed vehicle and the tow vehicle, making a secure connection.
- Install the cables under the tow bar crossed, so it becomes disconnected the tow bar will not hit the ground.
- Prevents your vehicle from breaking loose.
- Keeps tow bar from hitting the ground.
- Restrains movement.
- Minimizes instability while bringing both vehicles to rest.
- 7 ft long safety cables.
- Rated at 10,000 lbs.
- Class IV.
- Includes clevis hooks.
- Sold in pairs.
- Weight: 12 lbs.
- Limited 90-Day Manufacturer Warranty.
Blue Ox 10,000 Lb 7 Ft Coiled Safety Cables
Installing 10,000 lbs. Cables
- 1.Cross the safety cables underneath the tow bar. Then using the cable hooks, attach the opposite ends of the cables to a solid part of the chassis of the towing vehicle. Make sure the end of the hook snaps through the convenience links to prevent the hook from unhooking. Note: It is best to have permanent chains that connect the convenience link to the frame of the car.
- 2. Using the cable hooks, attach the cables to a solid part of the chassis of the towed vehicle or to the base plate convenience links in unibody cars. Snap the hook through the convenience link to prevent the hook from unhooking.
- 3. Adjust slack so that the cables cannot touch the ground or become caught beneath the coupler area. If either of these things happen, the cables may become damaged and ineffective.
Do not use damaged safety cables.