The Thermacell MR-GJ Portable Mosquito Repellent Appliance is a butane-powered mosquito and black fly repellent, perfect for any campground, RV park, backyard patio, or for hunting, fishing and gardening. With no open flame or scented oils, the appliance uses heat-release vaporizer technology, releasing allethrins into the surrounding area of up to 225 square feet to repel and kill pesky mosquitoes and bugs.
Allethrins are a synthetic form of pyrethroids, found naturally in the chrysanthemum flower. Pyrethroids have low toxicity for humans and birds, but are toxic to fish, aquatic life, and cats, as they produce insufficient amounts of detoxifying isoforms in their metabolism pathways. When exposed to certain insects, they become paralyzed before dying, making it an ideal ingredient in insect repellent. Use more than one Thermacell MR-GJ appliances to intensify or increase repellent area.
- Features knob to open butane cartridge, and on and off switch to begin/end heating process
- Butane cartridge heats screen to vaporize the heat-release repeller blue pads
- Takes 5-10 minutes to warm up, usually cools off after use in 10-15 minutes
- Comes with 3 thermacell repellent blue pads and 1 butane cartridge
- Does not emit any noise, and only very slight earthy scent
- Thermacell repellent butane cartridge will last 10-12 hours
- Thermacell repellent blue pads will last 4-5 hours
- Does not contain harmful chemical DEET
- Dimensions: 6.3" x 2.3" x 10.5"
- Not ideal for windy conditions
- Not for use in enclosed area
- Area of protection: 15" x 15"
- Weight: 0.7 lbs
Recommended use with the ThermaCell MR-HJ Mosquito Repellent Appliance Holster
Replacement Thermacell repellent refill 4 pack: ThermaCell R-4 48 Hour Mosquito Repellent Refill Kit
Thermacell Mosquito Portable Repellent Appliance