Filter Cartridge Replacement
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean, and set aside.
- Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm
water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly. Fill 1/3
with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Insert o-ring in groove.
NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make
certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over-tighten.
Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check
for leaks before leaving installation.
A carbon cartridge may contain carbon fines (very fine black
powder). After installation, flush cartridge for 10 minutes, wait an
hour, then flush again for 10 minutes before using the water. It is
recommended that you run the tap at least 20 seconds prior to using for
water for drinking or cooking purposes.
Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or
of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the
Protect against freezing to prevent cracking of the filter and
- Make certain that installation complies with all state and local laws
- This replacement filter cartridge has a limited service life. Changes in
the taste, odor, color and flow of the water being filtered indicate that
the cartridge should be replaced.
- The contaminants or other substances removed or reduced by the
cartridge are not necessarily in your water. After prolonged periods of non-use (such as during a vacation) it is
recommended that the system be flushed thoroughly. Let water run for
5-6 minutes before using.
To prevent costly repairs or possible water damage the
sump of plastic housings must be replaced every five years for clear,
and ten years for opaque. If sump is older than recommended, replace
immediately. Date sump for reference and indicate replacement date.