Additional Product Information
ALCOVE OR CLOSET INSTALLATION:
- If your dryer is approved for installation in an alcove or closet, it will be stated on a label on the dryer back.
- The dryer MUST be exhausted to the outside with the exception of the condensing dryer.
- Minimum clearances between dryer cabinet and adjacent walls or other surfaces are 1" left and right sides, 1" top, 3" front and rear.
- Minimum clearances between washer cabinet and adjacent walls or other surfaces are 1" left and right sides, 1" top, 1" front and rear.
- Closet doors must be louvered or otherwise ventilated and must contain a minimum of 60 sq. in. of open area equally distributed. If this closet contains both a washer and a dryer, doors must contain a minimum of 120 sq. in. of open area equally distributed.
- No other fuel-burning appliance shall be installed in the same closet with a gas dryer.
BATHROOM OR BEDROOM INSTALLATION:
- The dryer MUST be exhausted to the outdoors with the exception of the condensing dryer.
- The installation must conform with the local codes, or in the absence of local codes, with the National Electric Code and National Fuel Gas Code, ANSI Z223 for gas dryers.
MINIMUM CLEARANCE OTHER THAN ALCOVE OR CLOSET INSTALLATIONS:
- Minimum clearances to combustible surfaces 0" both sides, 3" rear.