The MEGR-253 Series Automatic Changeover regulators automatically redirect LP gas vapor flow from an empty service cylinder to a reserve cylinder, without interruptions of service. It features an easy to read green indicator which changes to red when the service cylinder needs to be refilled.
Operation: Ensure that the regulator has been mounted with the vent
pointing downward so that water or debris cannot gather in the
regulator. Place one of the two cylinders in “primary” by
switching the black changeover lever in the direction of the
selected cylinder. The arrow on the lever will denote the
“primary” side. Open both cylinder valves slowly. The indicator
on the top of the regulator will turn green.
The “primary” side of the regulator will continue to supply gas as
long as sufficient gas is present in the “primary” cylinder. When
pressure in the cylinder drops below a designated pressure, the
“reserve” side will open and continue to primary gas to the
regulator. At the time that the “primary” cylinder becomes
exhausted, the indicator on the changeover lever will turn red
indicating a cylinder change can be made.
- Type: Two Stage
- Max Inlet Pressure: 250 PSI
- Inlet Connection: 1/4"Female Inverted Flare (2)
- Outlet Connection: 3/8: FNPT (1)
- Exterior Finish: Raw Zinc
- Diaphragm: Fabric Reinforced Molded with O-Ring Bonnet/Body Seal
- Relief Type: Internal Relief - Spring Loaded
- Bonnet/Body Material: Die Cast Zing
- Listings: UL listed/UL 144
- Mounting Holes: 3-1/2" On Center
- Pressure Taps: 1/8" FNPT, Plugged (1)
- Primary Cylinder BTU/Hr: 225,000
- Reserve Cylinder BTU/Hr: 150,000
- Made in the USA.
Cylinder Exchange: Prior to removing the empty cylinder, position the black
changeover lever so that it points to the alternate cylinder that is
now supplying the regulator. Close the valve on the empty
cylinder and remove. After the empty cylinder is refilled and reconnected, slowly open the cylinder valve. The new cylinder is
now the reserve cylinder. The indicator at the top of the regulator
will turn green.
Marshall Excelsior 2 Stage Automatic Changeover Regulator