If you already have a 3 port roof cap installed on your RV, then the Zamp Solar ZS-160-30A-SRRV 160 Watt 30 Amp Solar Ready RV Charge Kit would work for you. This kit has enough power to deliver a significant charge for when the lighting isn’t the best and will be more than adequate in sunny locations with long days.
Note: Solar Ready RV Kits (SRRV) are for RVs that come factory wired with either a single roof/sidewall solar port (under 150 watt) or a 3 port solar roof cap.
- Amps: 9.00
- Solar charge controller can handle up to 450 Watts.
- Expands by using a deluxe expansion kit and adding solar panels.
- Display shows: battery voltage, amps from the solar panel and amps during a period of time.
- LED lights indicate charging status (charging, float and power (on/off)) as well as battery charge level.
- 5 Stage PWM or Pulse Width Modulation Controller.
- 5 stages of charging:
- Level 1 – Soft Charge – When batteries suffer an over-discharge, the controller will softly ramp the battery voltage up to 10V.
- Level 2 – Bulk Charge – Maximum current until batteries rise to Absorption Level.
- Level 3 – Absorption Charge – Constant voltage charging (battery is over 85%).
- Level 4 – Equalization Charge – Only for WET battery or Calcium battery type. When the battery is deeply drained below 10V, it will automatically run this stage to bring the internal cells to equal states and fully complement the loss of capacity. (Gell and AGM batteries do not run Equalization Charge).
- Level 5 – Float Charge – Battery is fully charged and maintained at a safe level. Fully charge is more than 13.6V.
- Kit contents:
- 160 Watt Class A Monocrystalline High Efficiency, Highest Quality Solar Panel.
- 30 Amp Digital Deluxe PWM Solar Charge Controller.
- Solar Panel Mounting Feet with Hardware to Connect Panel to Feet.
- Solar Panel Wire with Wiring Connectors.
- Dimensions: 58 3/4"L x 26 3/8"W x 1 3/8"H.
- Limited 90 day warranty.
How do you know if your RV is Solar Ready: If you see a sticker that says the RV or Camper is ‘Solar Ready’ then that RV has had the Zamp Solar port(s) and the wiring pre-installed. There are two main ports that are being installed on RV’s – a single Zamp Solar Port and a Zamp Solar 3 Port Roof Cap. If either of these have been installed that camper can take advantage of a SRRV kits that have the required equipment to harness the power of the sun.
Zamp Solar 160 Watt 30 Amp Solar Ready Charge Kit