Additional Product Information
Causes of sway that may lead to the need for Sway Command Control System
- When the tongue weight is less than 10% of the trailer’s weight, it has a natural tendency to sway
- Improper weight distribution hitch adjustments
- A transfer truck passing from the rear of the trailer
- Descending inclines
- Towing speeds
- Tow vehicle not properly matched to the trailer
- Improper loading, overloading and poor weight distribution on the trailer
- Incorrect tire inflation
THE USE OF LCI’S SWAY COMMAND® WITH 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 OR 2018 GM TRUCKS AND SUVS EQUIPPED WITH AN INTEGRATED TRAILER BRAKE CONTROL MODULE (ITBCM) COULD CAUSE REDUCED BRAKING EFFECTIVENESS, INDUCE LOSS OF BRAKE CONTROL AND INCREASE THE RISK OF INJURY WHEN TOWING A TRAILER.
When LCI’s Sway Command® is functioning on a trailer, the subject GM truck will display “Service Trailer Brake System” in the vehicle message center, the ITBCM will become disabled and the electric trailer brakes will not function until the ignition has been turned off and back on to clear the code.
DO NOT USE LCI’S SWAY COMMAND® WITH 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 OR 2018 GM TRUCKS AND SUVS EQUIPPED WITH AN ITBCM WHILE TOWING A TRAILER.