The Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C Hardwired 30 Amp RV Surge Protector offers a remote display and a compact modular design. This high-tech energy management system features High/Low Voltage Protection, Time Delay for A/C Compressor, 3-Mode Surge Protection, Surge Indicator, Reverse Polarity Protection, Open Neutral Protection, Open Ground Protection, C Frequency Protection and Accidental 240V Protection.
Product Note: This product is shipped with the remote digital display, cable and all hardware inside the RV Surge Protector unit. Just simply remove the lid to find all the contents.
- The display continuously scrolls all of the AC power information, including voltage, current, frequency, error codes and previous errors.
- Each reading is displayed for two seconds.
- The EMS-HW30C is Microprocessor Controlled by a computer driven state-of-the-art microprocessor that is programmed with software to control the entire EMS unit.
- High & Low Voltage Protection (Low <104, High 132>):
- Whenever source power falls below 104 Volts, or rise above 132 volts the EMS automatically shut down power to the RV.
- Once the AC source rises above 104-volts, or below the 132-volt level the time delay indicator flashes for the preset time and then automatically restores power to RV.
- Frequency Protection:
- If source power frequency deviants +/- 9 hertz from 60 cycles per second the EMS will shut down source power, and indicate an E7 or E8 error code on the digital display.
- Open Ground Protection:
- The EMS will read an error code of E-2 and power will not be allowed to the RV.
- Polarity Protection:
- The EMS will not allow power to the RV and the error code will read E-1.
- Lost/Open Neutral Protection:
- The display will not light, and the EMS will not allow power to the RV.
- 3 Mode surge protection:
- Provides full surge protection L-N, L-G, and N-G. Total Joule rating is 1820, response time of <1 Nano second.
- Surge Indicator:
- If ever a power surge damages the surge protector circuit within the EMS L-N, or L-G The digital display error code will read E-10. This is your indication that it needs to be replaced.
- Previous Error Indication:
- Allows you to see the previous error and why it interrupted power.
- Remote Digital Display:
- Shows voltage, current, frequency, error codes and previous errors.
- Built-in adjustable time delays for A/C compressor:
- One is a 136-seconds (02:16) time delay and the other is 15 seconds.
- Accidental 220V protection:
- If 220 volts is detected when plugging into source power the EMS will not allow power to the RV.
- If this condition occurs while power is applied to the RV, the EMS shuts off power instantly.
- The display will read the voltage and the appropriate error code.
- Bypass switch:
- This switch is located on the remote panel, and allows the user to bypass the computer circuit in the EMS in the event of computer failure, thus allowing source power into the RV.
- This does not disable the surge protection portion of the EMS.
- Frequency Meter.
- Voltage Meter.
- Integrated Digital Readout
- Built-in: Surge Fault Indication and Amperage Meter.
- Thermally Protected.
- Remote digital readout (includes 14' data cable).
- Dimensions: 9" L x 5" W x 3" H
- Weight: 3.5 lbs.
- Operating Temperatures: -40°C to + 105°C
- Surge Protection: 3-mode / 1,790 Joules / 44,000 Amp Rating
- 120V / 30A / 3,600W
- Limited Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty.
- Made in the USA
Check out our Surge Protection Comparison Guide to help make your buying decision easier.
Progressive Industries Hardwired 30 Amp RV Surge Protector With Remote Display