This 50 amp Surge Guard Hardwired Surge Protector monitors shore power continuously and shuts off when it detects excessive voltage or open neutral conditions that could damage electronic equipment in your coach. A major problem in todays RV parks is low voltage and when summer hits and the AC gets turned and the voltage drops quickly. With the Surge Guard 50 amp unit your protected from low voltage which can damage AC motors, TV's, stereo's and electrical equipment. The 50 amp hardwire unit is permanently installed within the storage bay of your coach, preventing potential theft and damage from the elements.
3 Mode Surge Protection:
Protects the RV's sensitive electronic
systems and appliances from potentially
damaging power surge events without power
interruptions to the RV.
- Automatic reset on power restoration.
- Multi-mode surge suppression.
- Automatically shuts off the power when the following is present:
- Open ground.
- Open neutral.
- Low (<102V) and High (>132V) Voltage.
- Reverse polarity.
- Miswired pedestal.
- High neutral current.
- Caution indicator lights indicate:
- Elevated ground voltage.
- Surge failure indication.
- 128 second reset delay protects A/C compressor.
- 3850 Joules of power surge protection.
- Electrical rating: 120/240V, 50A.
- Maximum spike current: 6500 Amps.
- Easy installation.
- Dimensions of Surge Protector: 5.30"W x 11.396"H x 4.93"D.
- Optional Remote Power Monitor LCD Display, p/n 40300, (sold separately).
- Joystick Screen Navigation.
- Compatible with previous models with a telecom jack.
- 16 Detailed Fault Screens for:
- Incoming Line Voltages.
- Current Being Used.
- Stores Faults (if any).
- Plug & Play.
- Connects to a RJ12 (6 pin) connector cable (included).
- Approx.Dimensions of remote: 4.75"W x 3.5"H x 1.5"D.
- Limited lifetime manufacturer warranty
What each LED means on the unit:
- Input Power Indication - The green LED indicates power to RV when illuminated.
- Caution when Flashing/Time Delay and Fault Indicator - When unit is plugged in, the red caution LED is flashing indicating delay of 128 seconds. (This allows head pressure to bleed off the A/C compressor). Flashing can indicate faults are present, like possible mis-wiring or current to ground conditions (will prevent power reset).
- L1 Voltage - When green light is on L1 is between 102VAC to 132VAC. When the light is red, L1 is greater than 132VAC or below 102VAC, and power is shut off to protect your coach.
- L2 Voltage - When green light is on L2 is between 102VAC to 132VAC. When the light is red, L2 is greater than 132VAC or below 102VAC, and power is shut off to protect your coach.
- Surge Failure - If the red “SURGE” indicator LED is on, it means that the built-in surge protection has been sacrificed to protect your equipment and is no longer functioning properly. Other features will still function, but the unit is recommended to be replaced.
Check out our Surge Protection Comparison Guide to help make your buying decision easier.
Surge Guard Permanent Surge Protector 50 Amp