This Blue Ox Base Plate BX1988 Dodge Ram 1500 2006 - 2008 is easy on your suspension and even easier on the eye, because Blue Ox has designed it with hidden reinforcements. Please confirm with your Ram Dealer to insure that your model and year can be towed 4 wheels down.
Important Installation Notes:
- Base plate features removable tabs for a discrete look
- (2WD/4WD, Includes Sport, No Mega Cab)
- DIY bolt on application
- Part Number: BX1988
- Weight: 39 lbs
- Tab Height: 24"
- Tab Width: 18.5"
- Instructions and installation hardware included
- Works with Blue Ox Aventa LX, Aladdin, Alpha, Avail and Allure tow bars.
- Limited 3-Year manufacturer warranty
- Made in USA
- Bumper fascia must be removed and replaced during installation.
- Requires some minor drilling.
- Be sure to confirm the weight of your individual vehicle before towing. Some models, depending on options and lead, may exceed the weight rating of specific tow bars. Always insure both your tow bar and hitch are adequately rated for the vehicle’s overall weight.
- Soft bottom edge of bumper must be compressed rearward about 1-1/2”
- Measure the distance between the frame rails. If the distance is
approximately 34-3/8” the BX1979 baseplate is needed. If the
distance is approximately 31” the BX1988 is the correct application.
BX1973 has been replaced with BX1988.
Blue Ox Base Plate BX1988 Dodge Ram 1500 2006 - 2008