The IOTA AmpLife AL1 Charge Control Module is an automatic charging control for your IOTA SDC series battery charger. This intelligent, 4-stage charger will keep your batteries fully charged and operating for a longer life. The simple installation includes the removal of the accessory port faceplate from your SDC charger and snap in the AmpLife. It will automatically engage.
- Prevents gassing, boiling and bulging of batteries
- Dimensions: 1.94" x 1.5" x 0.63"
- LED charge status indicator
- Easy installation
1. Bulk Stage: The bulk stage of the IQ4 allows the batteries to be charged from the full rated output of the charger, allowing for increased charging period reduces the overall charging time of the battery.
2. Absorption Stage: After the bulk stage, the IQ4 then moves to the absorption stage. This mode will continue for up to 8 hours to ensure that the batterty receives a complete charge.
3. Float Stage: During the float stage, the IQ4 reduces the DLS charge voltage. This reduced voltage maintains the full charge while minimizing "gassing" of the battery. The IQ4's float stage prevents boiling and bulging of the battery caused when the battery is exposed to higher charging voltages for too long.
4. Equalization Stage: If the batteries remain in a "float stage" for a 7-day period, the IQ4 will switch the DLS charger into a pre-programmed the equalization stage. This protects the life of your battery by dissolving any sulfate any sulfate layer on the battery's internal plates and avoids stratification that can occur when a battery has not been in use for extended periods.
AmpLife AL1 Charge Control Module