Release notes for RVND RC3
11.98.2310 (April 2012)
(To see current release number of your unit, Select Preferences, About)
· Woodall’s campground ratings
have been added. This is for commercial
campgrounds only, and includes the ability to search by amenity such as WiFi or
type of hookup, as well as Woodall’s ratings.
· Routing has been refined for RV
· Custom POI Import has now been
enhanced. You can download POI lists
from places like POIFactory.com, and load them to your unit. You can then select how you want to see them
and be told about them. There are 2
types - “Alerts”, and “General POI’s”.
Alerts are for things like Red Light Cameras - something you want to be
alerted about directly along your route. General POI’s are for items you want
to be told about that could be 10 miles away from you, but are interesting,
such as Railroad Museums, if that is what you downloaded. These are loaded using the Dock.
· A Mute button will now appear
on the map screen whenever the unit is speaking. Touching this will mute the unit. The speaker icon will continue to appear
whenever there is a new instruction, and can be tapped to enable voice
again. A flashing icon will appear in
the upper right of all screens as a reminder that the RVND is muted.
· When a new route is calculated,
the route options (eg., Fastest, Freeway, etc), are now shown in text and icons
during calculation as a reminder or what route options are being used.
· The route line is now wider for
easier glancibility and the color can be changed in Preferences.
· Route recalculation when off
route is now much faster.
· The Virtual Dashboard (green
screen when hitting the current speed icon) now shows speeds in tenths.
· The “Busy” status icon has been
adjusted to show busy status more accurately.
· Altitude (term changed to
Elevation based on feedback) is now available as a choice from the upper right
ETA button on the map screen.
· The warning distance to a
freeway junction has been increased from 1,000 meters to 1,500 meters per
· You can now edit the names in
the address book instead of having to replace them.
· Battery status now shows a
“lightning bolt” when the unit is plugged in.
· Your zoom level setting is now
retained more consistently. For example,
finding a POI along your route will not reset your desired zoom level. This applies only when your zoom is set to
· Parking and Rest Area icons
have been separated, so that if the item is Wal-Mart parking, the Wal-Mart icon
will appear instead of Rest Area.
· Saving a location that is more
than ¼ mile off a road will now save the actual lat/long position, instead of
the nearest road.
· You can now save the current
Multi-Stop trip to another name for future use.
· “Other Category” POI’s can now
be selectively displayed on the map. In
other words, you can turn off map display for all icons except Post Offices if
you wish. Map icon without pushpin means
to not display. Note: There are some categories for which map
display selection will be enabled in a future release.
· The TellRand feature has been
made easier to use. You no longer have
to type in the issue/suggestion, you can select from a list, and just hit
enter, in most cases. Current values of
some items will now appear, such as current speed rounded to the nearest
· Quick stop, Walmart now has a
filter option for Pharmacy, 24 hours, and overnight parking.
· “Reverse” button has been added
to Multi-stop trip, so you can reverse the trip.
· Campground choice for “All” is
now in. You can now search for any
campground, rather than having to choose by type first.
· Some issues which caused the
Virtual Dashboard gauges to be inaccurate on occasion have been fixed.
· Startup Tips have been
added. These appear every 5th
startup. When you select “Don’t show
again”, that tip is no longer presented.
You can see the tips at any time as a group by selecting Tips and
Tutorials from Preferences, or the Legal Warning screen.
· “Avoid list” button to find and
re-enable permanently avoided road segments has been added in Preferences.
· The screen brightness control
has been improved.
· Checklist has been updated with
· Several other bug fixes / enhancements / speed improvements based