BX88282 EZ Light Wiring Harness Installation Instructions
1. Remove the vehicles tail light housings on both the driver and passenger side by removing the fasteners holding them into place. Pull the tail light housings away from the vehicle, being careful not to break the alignment tabs or housing.
2. Find and clean an area on driver side behind the tail light for the converter box. Mount the converter box using the double stick tape provided.
3. Disconnect the wiring harness from both tail lights. Plug the wiring kit end with the yellow wire into the mating plugs on the driver side taillight connector and the vehicle wiring harness connector.
4. Route the wiring kit end with the green wire to the passenger side.
5. Plug the wiring kit end with the green wire into the mating plugs on the passenger side taillight connector and the vehicle wiring harness connector.
6. Secure all loose wiring to vehicle with zip ties.
7. Route 4-way flat harness towards the front of the vehicle securing with zip ties.
8. Reinstall the tail light housings to the vehicle, positioning the wire harness between the housing and the vehicle body. Secure the remainder of the wiring harness in a secure area with zip ties.
9. Install the 4-flat harness into the 4-way flat bracket or cut off the harness plug and splice the wires into the preferred style of trailer plug socket.
10. Mount the 4-way flat bracket or socket in a convenient location at the front of the vehicle.
11. Locate a suitable grounding point near the connector. Clean dirt, paint and any rust proofing material from the area. Drill a 3/32” hole and secure the white wire with ring terminal using the screw provided. Do not drill into any exposed surfaces or the vehicle floor or bed.
12. Apply a small amount of dielectric grease to the 4-way flat terminals to prevent corrosion.
13. Connect to the RV electrical system and test all functions with the engine running to ensure